Boxing Roy Jones Jr says he WILL fight Mike Tyson...

Roy Jones Jr says he WILL fight Mike Tyson after threatening to pull out and take legal action over delay

-

- Advertisment -

ROY Jones Jr. is coming to “act a fool” come November 28 in his showdown with Mike Tyson, as he addressed the news of him threatening to pull out from the bout.

In an Instagram video, Jones warned that he “aint no fool” and people better stop treating him like one, “They gave me a new term, a new date and a new chance to act a fool, which is what I love to do anyway.”

Instagram

Roy Jones Jr. told his Instagram followers to ‘be ready’ for the November 28 bout with Mike Tyson[/caption]

Jones simply captioned the social media post saying, “Lifestyle is war at all cost. No mask…….. just WAR.”

The response comes after news broke out that Jones was considering pulling out of the Tyson fight, which was previously scheduled for September 12, but was delayed until November 28.

Jones, 51, took legal action and warned if he is not compensated for earnings lost then he could walk away from the event.

“We’re trying to figure something out, my lawyers is (sic) talking with their lawyers, trying to figure out ways to make it a better situation so that I can compensated for it, that is more beneficial for me to do,” he told the Daily Mail.

Instagram

Jones simply captioned the social media post saying, ‘Lifestyle is war at all cost. No mask…….. just WAR’[/caption]

Twitter / @MikeTyson / Triller

Jones said he’s ready to ‘act a fool’ come November 28[/caption]

“If they don’t make it make sense, it (the fight) would be off.

“Why would I change the date and mess up the rest of my year when I agreed to September 12.”

The eight-round bout was due to go behind closed doors, with an unnamed but recognized sanctioning body overseeing the fight.

Organizers are hoping that by the new November 28 date spectators could be allowed back into venues.

Jones addressed those claims, saying, “They said they wanted to get a crowd, if you want to get a crowd, that’s a different type of money.

“If they want a big event, that’s a different type of money.”

Twitter / @MikeTyson / Triller

Mike Tyson, 54, has been training since March ahead of his sensational comeback[/caption]

Instagram / @miketyson

Tyson last fought 15 years ago after announcing his retirement in 2005[/caption]

Tyson, 54, has been training since March ahead of his sensational comeback. He last fought 15 years ago after announcing his retirement in 2005.

Jones, a four-division champion, who last boxed in 2018, admitted the new date could benefit him as it allows more time to prepare.

“If everything works out, yes.

“I don’t know if things… if everything will work yet.

“but if everything works out then yeah, it probably will help me,” Jones said.


The California State Athletic Commission has cautioned fans to not expect the bout to be a real boxing fight.

Commission executive director, Andy Foster has told the pair to “spar hard” but to refrain from hurting each other, as both veterans have a combined ago of 105.

Contrary to what Foster has told both boxers, Tyson and Jones have stated that they’ll be looking for a knock out if the opportunity presents itself.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest news

Q&A about dead suspects in California mass shooting | Latest News

WHAT PROMPTED THE GUNFIRE?Police do not have a motive for the shootings, which ended with a gun battle...

Madcap James Bond ideas that didn’t make the cut — from 007 dressing as Jesus to a David Bowie villain – Bukipress

JAMES BOND is famed for squeezing out of tight spots in pretty miraculous ways. But an eccentric idea by film...

We need to end lockdown quickly & there can be no turning back this time – Bukipress

BORIS Johnson stands on the cusp of another critical moment in his epic battle with Covid. Last April, of course,...

Kelly vs Avanesyan LIVE RESULTS: Stream, TV channel, undercard for big night of boxing at Wembley Arena – latest updates – Bukipress

JOSH KELLY faces the biggest night of his career this evening as he fights David Avanesyan for the European...
- Advertisement -

Liverpool eye Lucas Ocampos transfer but £56m release fee for Sevilla winger could be potential stumbling block – Bukipress

LIVERPOOL are reportedly interested in signing Sevilla winger Lucas Ocampos this summer. But the 26-year-old’s £56m release fee could scupper...

Ant & Dec name Saturday Night Takeaway’s angriest prank victims saying Gordon Ramsay still sends ‘chilling’ texts – Bukipress

ANT McPartlin and Dec Donnelly have revealed the stars they left shaking with rage after their elaborate wind-ups. The pair...

Must read

- Advertisement -

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you