HARRY MAGUIRE’S fiancee Fern Hawkins insisted “the truth always comes out” and is “living through a horror film” after the Mykonos brawl.
The 26-year-old shared the message of support with her 38,500 Instagram followers and posted a praying hands emoji.
Click here for the latest news on Harry Maguire
Harry Maguire’s fiancee Fern Hawkins has leapt to his defence over the Mykonos brawl[/caption]
Love Island’s Chris Hughes said Harry Maguire and his family have ‘lived through a horror film’[/caption]
Love Island’s Chris Hughes backed the Manchester United captain and claimed on social media the £85 million defender, 27, is “living through a horror film”.
Fern shared the tweet by Chris, 27, who was out on the Greek island with the couple.
Chris posted: “I pray when the truth comes out the horrendous ordeal that Harry and his family have been through in Greece will be a firm reminder that situations shouldn’t be judged by anybody until they know anything.
“They’re the most genuine, lovely family, who’ve lived through a horror film.”
He had been on holiday in Greece with snooker champion Judd Trump, Lottie Moss, 22, and Manchester United star Maguire.
The reality TV star showed off his bloodied face following an accident on a boozy night out.
Yesterday, Maguire’s lawyers lodged an appeal against his Greece assault and cop bribery convictions.
The move nullifies the initial verdict and means there will be a retrial in a more senior court.
But the England star, expected to keep the Man United captaincy, may wait three years for it to be heard.
Harry Maguire’s girlfriend Fern Hawkins insists ‘the truth always comes out’ as she shared the message of support after last week’s Greece brawl[/caption]
Manchester United defended their captain Harry Maguire in a passionate statement on Tuesday evening[/caption]
Pals claimed Maguire and his group — arrested at the weekend — were given a “welcome” by up to eight men armed with batons when they arrived at a police station in Mykonos.
Authorities refused to allow medical evidence gathered by his legal team which detailed bruising he sustained.
Phone footage which showed Maguire’s pals confronting two Albanians who allegedly tried to inject his sister Daisy, 20, with a drug was also not allowed to be submitted.
A source said: “Harry is very disappointed at how things played out in court. His team was given two hours to examine a 50-page prosecution file.
“They repeatedly asked for an adjournment but weren’t given one.
“The trial went on until late and it makes everyone think that the authorities were determined to deal with the case, whether it had due process or not.
“Harry is confident that the appeals process will provide him with the opportunity to clear his name.”
Another pal said Maguire was “hellbent on clearing his name”, adding: “He respects the legal process.”
Manchester United insisted their skipper now has no conviction or criminal record and is innocent.
Harry Maguire reportedly brawled with Brits after his sister Daisy was injected[/caption]
A spokesman for Manchester United said: “An appeal against yesterday’s verdict was lodged this morning by Harry’s legal team
“In accordance with the Greek judicial process, the filing of an appeal extinguishes the initial court verdict and nullifies the conviction.
“The appeal has been accepted and will lead to a full retrial in a more senior court.
“This means that Harry has no criminal record and is once again presumed innocent until proven guilty.”
His supportive partner, Fern Hawkins, retweeted a post from the Football Daily announcing the retrial using multiple clapping emojis, with his brother Laurence also sharing the tweet.
Under Greek law Maguire was able to appeal quickly as his case had been heard in a tier one court. Had he been tried in a tier two court he would have had to wait one week to lodge the appeal.
The process could take up to three years to reach court again, and if he is found guilty the footballer can appeal again.
Maguire will not be subject to any international travel restrictions, the United statement added.
The appeal was filed on Wednesday morning and the case will be retried within the next two years by a court on the nearby island of Syros, two sources told Reuters.
Maguire was found guilty of assault, attacking a cop, attempted bribery and verbal assault after a marathon seven-hour court session on the Greek island of Syros last night.
The £85million England player avoided jail and being hit with a fine as he was convicted of all charges in a Greek court.
It comes after a Greek prosecuting lawyer indicated the footie ace, 27, could have his conviction overturned if he apologised.
He had previously called the defender a “disgrace” and accused him of “inventing a pack of lies”.
Lawyer Ioannis Paradissis told The Sun: “The lack of apology doesn’t surprise me. None mentioned to the police anything about being assaulted by Albanians.
“I am sorry if Ms Maguire has been the victim of such a criminal act, which I wholeheartedly condemn.
“If she wishes so, she can report the incident in order for it to be investigated by the relevant authorities.”
Most read in Football