Boxing Brock Lesnar slammed as a ‘fraud in MMA’ and...

Brock Lesnar slammed as a ‘fraud in MMA’ and called out for BARE-KNUCKLE fight by Vitor Belfort after quitting WWE

-

- Advertisment -

BROCK LESNAR has been slammed as a “fraud in MMA” and called out to a bare-knuckle fight by Vitor Belfort.

Lesnar, 43, is a free agent after his WWE contract expired, leading to speculation that he could make a fighting return.

Brock Lesnar became a free agent after his WWE contract expired
Vitor Belfort called out ex-UFC champion Lesnar

Former UFC fighter Belfort – now signed to ONE Championship – has thrown his name into that hat to face the crossover star, even with just “bare hands”.

He told Submission Radio: “Brock Lesnar, I think you’re a fraud. But I’ll give you a chance.

“I think you’re a fraud. If you really want to fight with me, let’s go bare hands, me and you.

“We put the gloves, we go combat, you know? I know you’re a very tough man. I heard you’re a grappler, but I’ll fight you, man.

“I’ll fight you any day, any time, and I think that’s a legendary fight right there. But I think he’s a fraud in MMA.”

Lesnar first made the career switch to MMA in 2007 and a year later lost his UFC debut to Frank Mir.

By 2008 he won the heavyweight title after beating UFC legend Randy Couture and successfully defended it against Mir and Shane Carwin.


But in 2011, after losing to Alistair Overeem in the first round, Lesnar announced his UFC retirement – citing health issues.

He did made a brief return in 2016 to beat Mark Hunt at UFC 200, but his comeback was marred in controversy.

Lesnar failed pre and post-fight drug tests with the result changing to a no-contest.

He flirted with another UFC run last year to challenge heavyweight champion Daniel Cormier, but eventually re-signed with WWE.

Dana White is open to welcoming Lesnar back to the octagon, after heavyweight newbie Jon Jones called out the former champion.

But despite his accolades in the cage and outside, Belfort insisted he “doesn’t deserve” the attention he garners having been fast tracked in his career.

He said: “I respect fighters that really paid their way. They deserve to be in the spotlight.

“But, you know, I understand he can be in the spotlight of WWE. So, that’s what I mean.

“A fraud for MMA is this. He doesn’t deserve it, but he sells, man.

“Let’s go Brock. I’ll put my hands on you. That would be nice. I’ll make him pink.”

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest news

Q&A about dead suspects in California mass shooting | Latest News

WHAT PROMPTED THE GUNFIRE?Police do not have a motive for the shootings, which ended with a gun battle...

Madcap James Bond ideas that didn’t make the cut — from 007 dressing as Jesus to a David Bowie villain – Bukipress

JAMES BOND is famed for squeezing out of tight spots in pretty miraculous ways. But an eccentric idea by film...

We need to end lockdown quickly & there can be no turning back this time – Bukipress

BORIS Johnson stands on the cusp of another critical moment in his epic battle with Covid. Last April, of course,...

Kelly vs Avanesyan LIVE RESULTS: Stream, TV channel, undercard for big night of boxing at Wembley Arena – latest updates – Bukipress

JOSH KELLY faces the biggest night of his career this evening as he fights David Avanesyan for the European...
- Advertisement -

Liverpool eye Lucas Ocampos transfer but £56m release fee for Sevilla winger could be potential stumbling block – Bukipress

LIVERPOOL are reportedly interested in signing Sevilla winger Lucas Ocampos this summer. But the 26-year-old’s £56m release fee could scupper...

Ant & Dec name Saturday Night Takeaway’s angriest prank victims saying Gordon Ramsay still sends ‘chilling’ texts – Bukipress

ANT McPartlin and Dec Donnelly have revealed the stars they left shaking with rage after their elaborate wind-ups. The pair...

Must read

- Advertisement -

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you