A LAUNCH date for the highly anticipated iPhone 12 has been leaked online by excited Apple experts.
Apple confirmed it would be launching new devices next month but inside sources have mentioned a ‘proper’ date.
Trusted tech analyst Jon Prosser tweeted that the phones would launch on October 13.
He said pre-orders would be on October 16.
The devices are then expected to be in stores by October 23.
Apple Insider reported that a supposedly trusted source from the Netherlands was claiming October 13 was the iPhone 12 launch date.
This fan-made render may reveal the design of the iPhone 12[/caption]
That source also said preorders would open on October 16.
Other rumours have suggested the phone is just ‘days away’.
As with all ‘leaks’ and rumours, we will only know for sure if something is true when official word is given from Apple.
There’s been lots of speculation about the iPhone 12 devices including whether they will all be 5G and what the camera will be like.
A ‘leak’ earlier in the year suggested the iPhone 12 will come in four variants, all with 5G connectivity.
As of yet we don’t have an idea on price but there’s expected to be both premium and mid-range offerings.
All we know for sure is that we should have seen the iPhone 12 by this time next month.
iPhone tricks to try today
Here are some of the best…
- Typing cursor – When typing, hold down the space bar to turn your keyboard into a trackpad, letting you move around words and sentences more easily
- Close all Safari tabs – To do this in one go, simply hold the overlapped squares in the bottom right-hand corner, and press close all tabs
- Delete lots of photos quickly – Hold down on a photo and then drag your finger diagonally in Photos to select lots of images at once, then hit delete
- Convert currency quickly – Swipe down from the top of your Home screen (or swipe left to right on an iPhone X or later model), then tap in the bar and type a currency (like $200) and it will automatically covert to your local currency
- Check if you’re due a battery upgrade – Batteries inside smartphones degrade over time. Just go to Settings > Battery > Battery Health, and check out the Maximum Capacity reading. Generally a battery is considered worn when you’re down to 80% capacity. If you’re below, you can buy a battery swap from Apple
- Move apps around faster – Hold an app until it starts wiggling, then (while still holding) tap other apps, causing them to stack so you can move them around easier
Most read in Phones & Gadgets
In other news, the FDA has issued a new warning about the life threatening ‘Benadryl Challenge’ on TikTok.
Amazon has unveiled an autonomous flying home camera that patrols your home while you’re away.
And, the new Apple Watch Series 6 features a ‘blood oxygen scanner’ that could save your life.
Are you excited for the iPhone 12? Let us know in the comments…
We pay for your stories! Do you have a story for The Sun Online Tech & Science team? Email us at [email protected]