LEWIS HAMILTON is favourite to scoop up his second BBC Sports Personality of the Year award this evening.
But he faces stuff competition from other Brit superstar athletes, including world heavyweight champion Tyson Fury.
- Start time: 8pm GMT
- TV/Live stream: BBC One/BBC iPlayer
- Nominees: Tyson Fury, Hollie Doyle, Lewis Hamilton, Ronnie O’Sullivan, Stuart Broad, Jordan Henderson
Follow ALL the coverage with our live blog below…
Gary Lineker leads the presenting line-up this year[/caption]
What time will the BBC Sports Personality of the Year 2020 start?
- The event will be begin at 8pm UK time and run until 10pm.
- As well as the main award, other gongs will be given out to various stars, including the Panel Special Award, which Marcus Rashford has picked up for his charity work this year.
- Rashford has been instrumental in the plight to help end child poverty in the UK.