MMA Conor McGregor trilogy with Dustin Poirier CONFIRMED for summer...

Conor McGregor trilogy with Dustin Poirier CONFIRMED for summer by Dana White with UFC rivals wanting fight ‘bad’ – Bukipress

-

- Advertisment -

UFC president Dana White has confirmed plans are well underway to secure Conor McGregor’s trilogy with Dustin Poirier.

The Notorious was stunned inside the Octagon against the American last month when he was knocked out in round two.

Getty Images – Getty

Conor McGregor wants to settle to score with a rematch in the summer[/caption]

Their rivalry now stands at one apiece with Poirier getting revenge over his loss to McGregor back in 2014.

Both fighters have since declared their intentions to settle the score once and for all with the winner likely to land a title shot.

White said: “They both want it. So when you’ve got two guys that want the trilogy as bad as those two do, we’ll try make it happen.

When asked on the timeframe of when it could happen, White responded: “This summer, it will happen.

“These guys are all going to fight it out, we’ll narrow it down to the two guys who will face off for the title.”

White also added how McGregor, a former two-weight world champ, is desperate to salvage his reputation.

He told ESPN: “He’s completely obsessed with the rematch now and wants the fight back.

“What’s fun for us, being the fans, if you look at the number-one ranked guy in the world, Dustin Poirier all the way down to number seven, who I think is Rafael dos Anjos, the fights that can be made to find out who becomes the next champion are unbelievable.

“We’re in for some incredible fights to find out which two of these guys from one to seven will square off to become the next world champion.”

Josh Warrington betting offer: Get price boost on Warrington to 6/1

Getty Images – Getty

UFC president Dana White confirmed plans are in place for a summer trilogy[/caption]


When the Irishman was first beaten in the UFC, against Nate Diaz in March 2016, he demanded a rerun and avenged the result five months later.

He has refused to feel sorry for himself this time around and jumped straight back into training ahead of his next bout.

Retired Russian Khabib Nurmagomedov is the current lightweight champion but White still holds hope he will lure him back into the Octagon.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest news

Q&A about dead suspects in California mass shooting | Latest News

WHAT PROMPTED THE GUNFIRE?Police do not have a motive for the shootings, which ended with a gun battle...

Madcap James Bond ideas that didn’t make the cut — from 007 dressing as Jesus to a David Bowie villain – Bukipress

JAMES BOND is famed for squeezing out of tight spots in pretty miraculous ways. But an eccentric idea by film...

We need to end lockdown quickly & there can be no turning back this time – Bukipress

BORIS Johnson stands on the cusp of another critical moment in his epic battle with Covid. Last April, of course,...

Kelly vs Avanesyan LIVE RESULTS: Stream, TV channel, undercard for big night of boxing at Wembley Arena – latest updates – Bukipress

JOSH KELLY faces the biggest night of his career this evening as he fights David Avanesyan for the European...
- Advertisement -

Liverpool eye Lucas Ocampos transfer but £56m release fee for Sevilla winger could be potential stumbling block – Bukipress

LIVERPOOL are reportedly interested in signing Sevilla winger Lucas Ocampos this summer. But the 26-year-old’s £56m release fee could scupper...

Ant & Dec name Saturday Night Takeaway’s angriest prank victims saying Gordon Ramsay still sends ‘chilling’ texts – Bukipress

ANT McPartlin and Dec Donnelly have revealed the stars they left shaking with rage after their elaborate wind-ups. The pair...

Must read

- Advertisement -

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you