News Meghan Markle and Prince Harry: ‘Nothing off limits’ for...

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry: ‘Nothing off limits’ for Oprah interview but they’re ‘determined not to upset the Queen – Bukipress

-

- Advertisment -

THERE will be “nothing off limits” in Meghan Markle’s sitdown interview with Oprah, Gayle King said today.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex will appear in a bombshell 90-minute special with the chatshow queen – expected to reveal details about their new life.

Read our Meghan and Harry live blog for the latest news and gossip...

Getty – Pool

Noting will be off-limits in the interview with Meghan and Oprah, it was said today[/caption]

Getty Images – Getty

Oprah Winfrey will interview the couple in the special[/caption]

PA:Press Association

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry do not want to upset the Queen, it was reported today[/caption]

The interview special – set to be aired on March 7 – has been billed as a prime time special that will see Meghan, 39, speak about topics ranging from “stepping into life as a royal, marriage, motherhood, philanthropic work, to how she is handling life under intense public pressure”.

And Oprah Winfrey’s best pal Gayle King today said nothing would be off-limits in the interview.

Speaking on her CBS show, the chatshow host said: “I’m told that nothing is off limits. She can ask anything she wants.”

But a source close to the couple today suggested the couple did not want to upset the Queen with the tell-all chat.


It comes as…

  • Meghan Markle will record her tell-all interview this week, it was reported
  • Oprah’s interview was reportedly in the works for three years
  • Royal sources have claimed the interview will signify no way back into official duties for the pair
  • The couple could lose their royal patronages after the interview – with reports the news of the interview has made the palace nervous
  • News of the interview came a day after the couple announced Meghan was pregnant with their second child

They told The Evening Standard that Meghan, 39, and Harry, 36, still have a good relationship with the 94-year-old monarch are determined nothing in the interview would upset her.

But despite CBS making the bombshell announcement yesterday – just a day after Meghan and Harry revealed they were expecting baby number two – it has been claimed the interview has not been recorded yet.

ITV today reported the sitdown chat was instead expected to be recorded this week.

Royal reporter Chris Ship said the Sussexes had been planning to reveal the Oprah interview after it was recorded but said “it didn’t work out that way”.

It is unclear why the decision was made to announce news of the interview before it had taken place.

Getty – Contributor

Oprah attended the couple’s wedding in 2018[/caption]

AFP

Meghan and Harry announced they were pregnant his week[/caption]

AFP – Getty

The couple quit the Royal Family last week[/caption]

EPA

Meghan and Harry are seen here with son Archie – who will become a big brother later this year[/caption]

Getty Images – Getty

Gayle King said nothing would be off limits in the chat between her pal Oprah and Meghan Markle[/caption]

CBS said in a statement: “Winfrey will speak with Meghan, The Duchess of Sussex, in a wide-ranging interview, covering everything from stepping into life as a Royal, marriage, motherhood, philanthropic work to how she is handling life under intense public pressure.

“Later, the two are joined by Prince Harry as they speak about their move to the US and their future hopes and dreams for their expanding family.”

The primetime special, titled Oprah with Meghan and Harry, will be broadcast on March 7 – with ITV reporting that the deal was signed over the weekend.

In the wake of the announcement, one royal insider has said there is “a great deal of nervousness” at the Palace.

One royal source told the Mirror: “One only has to look at the previous instalments of the tell-all interview to know these things never end up with a wholly positive experience for any party.

“Everyone will be watching with intense interest.”

It could mean Meghan and Harry now have “no way back to official royal duties”, royal sources claim.

The couple are set to possibly lose all their royal patronages as it is believed the Queen will ask them give up their links with organisations passed down through the Royal Family, reports the Daily Mail.

If asked by the Queen to relinquish such links, it would see Harry, 36, stripped of his three remaining honorary military titles.

It could potentially even mean he would have to give up his patronages with the Rugby Football Union, Rugby Football League, and the London Marathon.

For Meghan, 39, it would mean stepping down as a patron of the National Theatre, a role she was given in 2019 after being held by the Queen for 45 years.

It is unknown whether the couple would have to forfeit their link with the Commonwealth, but sources suggest they would be forced to give this too, according to the Mail.


The Duchess’s decision to open up publicly came after a ‘three-year courtship by the chatshow host,’ The Times reported.

Oprah, 67, came into Meghan’s life in early 2018, having reportedly got in touch through the US TV network, CBS.

She even attended the Royal Wedding in 2018, among other famous faces including Elton John and the Clooneys.

Samir Hussein/British Photography Awards

Meghan and Harry will speak about their decision to leave the royla family, it is believed[/caption]

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

Latest news

Q&A about dead suspects in California mass shooting | Latest News

WHAT PROMPTED THE GUNFIRE?Police do not have a motive for the shootings, which ended with a gun battle...

Madcap James Bond ideas that didn’t make the cut — from 007 dressing as Jesus to a David Bowie villain – Bukipress

JAMES BOND is famed for squeezing out of tight spots in pretty miraculous ways. But an eccentric idea by film...

We need to end lockdown quickly & there can be no turning back this time – Bukipress

BORIS Johnson stands on the cusp of another critical moment in his epic battle with Covid. Last April, of course,...

Kelly vs Avanesyan LIVE RESULTS: Stream, TV channel, undercard for big night of boxing at Wembley Arena – latest updates – Bukipress

JOSH KELLY faces the biggest night of his career this evening as he fights David Avanesyan for the European...
- Advertisement -

Liverpool eye Lucas Ocampos transfer but £56m release fee for Sevilla winger could be potential stumbling block – Bukipress

LIVERPOOL are reportedly interested in signing Sevilla winger Lucas Ocampos this summer. But the 26-year-old’s £56m release fee could scupper...

Ant & Dec name Saturday Night Takeaway’s angriest prank victims saying Gordon Ramsay still sends ‘chilling’ texts – Bukipress

ANT McPartlin and Dec Donnelly have revealed the stars they left shaking with rage after their elaborate wind-ups. The pair...

Must read

- Advertisement -

You might also likeRELATED
Recommended to you